It’s Day 46 and the Church continues to partner together to reach out and touch hurting humanity with the hope, life and love of Jesus Christ.
Over the past week we have continued to flow with the immense changes that happen with disaster relief. We continue to make vital resources, such as food, water and basic life supplies available in the hard hit areas of New Orleans East, Chalmette, and in Metairie in the New Orleans Metropolitan area. We are also providing hot meals, food and water in western Louisiana in Lake Charles. Chain saw teams are moving through the Lake Charles area clearing trees from homes that were battered by Hurricane Rita.
Imagine, today we are:
- Serving tens of thousands of meals daily
- 10,000+ citizens serviced at relief centers throughout the area
- 540+ Trucks routed
- 3300 Doctor-Client encounters
- 3300 In-state volunteers deployed
- 700 Out-of-state volunteers deployed
I have been quickened by the scripture that Jesus shared as He began his ministry in Luke 4. The original scripture found in Isaiah 61 is a powerful model of how we are to move and sweep New Orleans. It reads: “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.” 4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations.
We, in the power of the Holy Spirit, are moving into New Orleans and the other affected areas in Mississippi and Western Louisiana. Not only are we ministering to the physical needs of life we are extending a hand of grace, and ear to hear, and offering the love and life of Jesus. Daily we are looking into the faces of those that have been ravaged by multiple storms and the waves that have ravaged them after the storms.
As we have served those who have been forced to evacuate we are sharing the hope that can only be found in Jesus, the life that can only come from knowing God, and the peace that surpasses all understanding that comes from connecting with God in prayer.
We, as PRC Compassion, stand ready to assist in the restoration of Louisiana by:
- 1. Assisting Local Pastors. The local church is the hope of the world, and we are making great strides to help local pastors to remain in the area. We are providing resources to local pastors so that they can continue to minister to their congregations and their local areas.
- 2. Deploying Volunteers. We have a great need for laborers, currently a minimum of 500 per week. Please sign up today, email us now.
- 3. Training and sending out Chaplains. We have chaplains moving throughout the effected region assisting the hurting and broken evacuees and relief workers.
- 4. Doing Spiritual Warfare. Intercessors are moving down in to Ground Zero to repent for our state sins, intercede for God’s direction, proclaim God’s sovereignty over Louisiana and New Orleans, and to praise Him for His forthcoming move in this region.
Director of Operations